• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

MY TSA EXPERIENCE

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ed Dartford

Reaction score
So here I am in California. Coast to coast in a few hours. About $700 or so for two round trips, and taxes and fees were more than $150 of that. I never cease to be amazed.

I travel with my wife who is handicapped (MS) and uses an electric scooter and a walker, which complicates everything. Kudos to Southwest airlines who, as always, couldn't have done a better job. And four big bags flew free!!.

But the TSA people at Albany, NY, also get praise. The line folk doing the work, also complicated by the scooter, were most helpful and polite, and cheefully acknowledged the idiotic rules they have to follow. The problem with TSA is the idiots who manage the system, not the workers. At one point, as I walked, shoeless, through the scanning machine I had to go back and send several sheets of paper I had in my hand (hotel and car confirmation notices) through the bag Xray machine. This was only the most idiotic event...there were others.

We are here for my son's wedding in Lake Tahoe. He is the Fed Ex Caravan driver.

Latest posts

Back