• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

My PPL is old enough to order alcohol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Canuck

David Megginson
Reaction score
My PPL turns 18 today, so it's old enough to drink in Quebec. :)

I remember a calm late summer afternoon/early evening, with TCU visible far to the east, well past us. My practice flight test a couple of days earlier had gone badly—the turbulence (probably helped by stress) had left me extremely nauseous by the end of the flight. I told the instructor we had two options:
  1. I land the plane, but throw up all over the panel.
  2. He lands the plane, and I don't throw up.
He wisely chose 2, but told me that if it happened during the actual flight test I should choose 1, because the Transport Canada examiner can't dock me points for throwing up all over him (as long as I execute the maneuvers correctly). :-/

I was grateful for the smooth air during the actual test.

Latest posts

Back