• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

My new toy... 1972 Piper Arrow II.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpwamt

Reaction score
Well I sold my Cherokee 180 and purchased a 72 Arrow. To start out why I was even think of selling my 180 is mainly due to our family is growing by 1 and it will be a pain for my wife and kid to ride in the back of a 68 Cherokee with as tall as I am (6' 4""). So that was my first requirement 72 or newer to have the Cherokee stretch. The first thing I did when I looked as this arrow is set the pilot seat for me, then get out and sit behind the pilot seat. I can sit behind myself no problem if I had too, so if there are any doubters on the stretch isn't that much... it is.

I was on the fence of an arrow or 28-236. I didn't purse a Dakota cause for my price range 80k max, a Dakota will be high engine time and probably vfr panel. So I started learning the gear system of the arrow, and after a short time I learned the arrow gear system is stupid simple so I wasn't afraid of it any more. Just have to find or build me a set of jacks now.

I also though do I really need the added useful load of the Dakota, as the arrow is right at 1000, about 30lbs more that my Cherokee. I decided if lost 30lbs or so, this plane will probably work fine for a long time as long as we only have 2 kids ( which is the plan, first one due this month). So I started trying to exercise more, which will be better for me anyway.

Anyway the Arrow I bought is 7700TT, 1300ET has a GNS530, KT74 adsb out transponder. GDL 69 xm weather linked to the 530. Only has a century 1 auto pilot but when you have been hand flying forever even in IMC, this wing leveler is awesome. Has JPI-700 and GAMI injectors, previous owner ran LOP at 8.5GPH. Will post pics from my phone.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back