• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

My First Solo.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
In over 30 years! On Tuesday, November 16 my long awaited 3rd Class medical showed up after my 16 month wait going through Special Issuance (Note to self and readers.... Do EXACTLY what the FAA tells you and don't believe some of your medical experts when they say this or that should not be necessary, overall cost me at least 3-4 months of delays). So having bought N44006 last October and spending nearly 44 hours flying with my 21 (now 22) year old CFI, waiting through a 5 weeks annual and a 3 month avionics upgrade I was finally ready for my BFR. I took Friday, the 19th, off, a gorgeous day here in north Alabama and completed my BFR. Josh congratulated me and signed me off. So yesterday, November 20th, I took to the skies as a solo PIC for the first time since 7/13/1991. It was wonderful to be alone and in the sky and also for the time time in an airplane I owned. Everything went very well and as long as my health allows (age 67 here) I plan to keep my Piper Warrior II active.

I've been a member of this group here since I first decided to get a Piper instead of a Beech B19 or a Cessna 172. Never got to fly a Piper back in the day except for that one time my AFROTC roommate took us on a flight down to southeastern Oklahoma (Antlers area) in the University of Oklahoma flight school Piper 140. That was what got the bug into me.

So YAY, I'm a for-real pilot again and in January 2022 before my 3rd class expires I will transit to Basic Med. I'm based at KDCU, Pryor Regional Field in Decatur, Alabama. The plane sleeps in the community hangers there.

IMG_8564.jpg

Latest posts

Back