• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

My first experience modifying

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Apache was a very good bird.

It had 2 O340 Lycomings and had zero time on the engines when I bought it.

The only problem was that it had a high level of vibration, so lots of things kept breaking... like starter motors, baffles etc. I was told that it was called an Apache because it needed a patch here, a patch there. But I really loved that plane, and she cruised at 172 mph.

I eventually sold her to buy my Aztec to someone from Puerto Rico. A couple of years later, I heard that she had disappeared at sea somewhere around the Bahamas, probably lost.

She was called 1435Papa and the little kids beside road in Grenada would shout that number at me as I drove by, even years later....

Robin

Latest posts

Back