• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

My 1972 Arrow II

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
5BE90C5A-4884-4FDF-A4DA-F26947CFD973.jpeg CCACA86F-3EDA-4B80-A714-65716C85B782.jpeg 40BEEBB1-AD8F-435A-9C4B-5C059607E662.jpeg

I bought my Arrow in October 2018. It had a mid-time engine (1350 Smoh), a WAAS GPS (Bendix KSN-770), an HSI, and almost brand new paint. It was fairly local, I met the seller, put down a big deposit, and we closed after the prebuy came back with no major issues.

Fast forward to March 2019 when it was time for my first annual. All was good except the engine case developed a large crack underneath a cylinder. While only now about 1400 hours on the engine, it was 29 years since the last overhaul. So, I bit the bullet and did a factory remanufacture from Signature Engines, including a new PMA case. At the same time I bought a brand new Hartzell Scimitar prop and a JPI EDM-830 engine monitor.

Then plane was down all summer. I finally got it back last September and did some flying until my HSI started becoming unreliable. That led to the decision to go with a new set of G5’s and an Avidyne IFD 540 (the Bendix GPS wasn’t compatible with the G5’s, and had some gremlins that I couldn’t work out. I couldn’t find anyone else who had a KSN-770 either). Plane was down for a month and I got it back again just in time for winter. But, now that I am out of money, the plane is beautiful, reliable, and a solid IFR machine.

Latest posts

Back