• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

MX20 above a G480 in a Cherokee 180

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Will they fit?

Ideally I’d like to upgrade my project 180 panel but have no interest in new avionics.

I’ve accumulated stuff from salvage planes over the last couple years and would prefer to put this working MX20 with traffic and weather directly above a Garmin 480.

The 480 is just shy of 3/4” taller than a 430. I’ve seen an MX20 with a 430 with a gap at the top of the panel but has anyone tried to make these two fit?

The 480 drives my remote GTX33 transponder nicely along with the RANGR978XVR for ADS-B in and out with no extra panel space taken which is nice.

Thanks,

Latest posts

Back