• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Moving Back Towards Flying

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Greetings,

In approximately 18 months (need to finish filling up the kid's college account) I am going to start looking to purchase an airplane.

I minored in aviation in college and enjoyed flying. Unfortunately, life got hectic, and I didn't stay active. But the aviation bug is biting, and so I want to get back into it as soon as feasible rather than putting it off until I retire.

My plans for the aircraft are the following,
  • Monthly trips to visit customers 300-600 miles
  • Occasional family trips for the family of five (We are all tall)
  • Local recreational flying
  • a couple of hunting trips per year 600-700 miles
  • Something to tinker with (I spent 14 of my 20 years in the Air National Guard as an Aircraft Electrician, and I miss the work)
  • IFR flight
I am thinking of purchasing something in the Cherokee Six family. I feel that for my purposes, the useful load is one of my primary concerns.

I am looking to spend 60-90K.

Am I on the right track?
What are the critical things to look for/worry about with six's?

Thanks!

Chris

Latest posts

Back