• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Monday Morning QB on KSDL Comanche Crash

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Any Comanche pilots want to chime in on the Scottsdale, AZ Comanche crash?

https://www.azcentral.com/story/new...s-say-weight-might-have-been-issue/507085002/

First, I didn’t realize you can put 6 people in a Comanche. Some googling shows some interiors with 4 actual seats and 2 seat belts on the cargo floor. Now, yes, actually carrying 6 adults and any amount of cargo, plus 2hrs minimum fuel puts it close if not greatly over Max Gross, I could only imagine their CG would have been far aft of the limit. Only reason why my PA32-260 can handle 6+cargo is the long nose which keeps the balance forward.

I have zero PA24 experience, but plenty in every model of -28 (140 thru 235, and R) and -32 (260 thru 300T). Every Bonanza doctor knows 6 adults puts you aft of CG. How is this practically applied in the Comanche?

Latest posts

Back