• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

MDW Ground stopped - Covid 19 in Tower

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

epopper

Reaction score
Chicago Midway is on a ground stop because the tower was evacuated. Apparently multiple people who work in the tower have tested positive.

I was just out flying my Arrow and listened to the ATIS. The ATIS said that the tower was closed and that the airspace had reverted to Class E. The ATIS also stated that the tower was no CTAF. I half considered going over and doing a few touch and goes but decided to stay away from the quiet chaos....

Midway is good about doing touch and goes on a busy day anyway...

Eric

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back