• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

MDW class C proposed changes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here's a link to details.

Quote:
The Federal Aviation Administration is proposing to modify the existing Class C airspace surrounding Chicago Midway International Airport (MDW) to further separate arriving traffic to Midway Runway 22L and general aviation aircraft flying by Visual Flight Rules north and south, along the Lake Michigan shoreline.

Looks like the Class C around Midway will be extended east.

Images of existing and proposed airspace here and here.

I'm always talking to Midway anyway while flying along the lakefront. On any given day it can get pretty busy there. Lots of helicopters. Great controllers there at MDW and always accommodating to my requests. I guess this will force people to talk to them now? If you get MDW ATIS and call them at about Belmont Harbor while heading south they will give you a transponder code and give traffic advisories. When come from the west (DPA/06C) just call them from about 15 miles out after you get ATIS. Beware of TFR's when there is a ball game.

Latest posts

Back