• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Manual flaps not retracting...?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chester

Reaction score
Hello All,

Wondering If anyone has had any experience with what occurred to me today after landing...I‘m flying a 1978 Arrow III, landed with full flaps (30 degrees) and after the rollout I released the flap lever thumb button and depressed the lever to nuetral (0 flaps). Well...the flaps stayed put (30 degrees) no movement at all. I hangared the plane and manually pulled up on the flaps and they retracted. I repeated the procedure several times, at 10 and 20 degrees, the flaps retract, but at 30, they stay in place. The flap lever goes back to laying on the floor, but the flaps (both sides) dont come up. Is this a “spring” problem? Or is there a “counterweight“ that may be in-op? Thank you for considering my dilemma....

RSH

Latest posts

Back