• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Macauley 3-blade Spinner

guzziguy

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Polished Aluminum
Great Shape
backing plate for an IO-360

$1,000

Prop Log Data:
Propeller Model: C3D36C415
Blade Model: G 82NGA-8
Hub Serial Number: 910942

Blade S/Ns:
LB101
LB104
LB122

IMG_0271.JPG

IMG_0272.JPG

IMG_0273.JPG

Last edited:

djpfinancial

N8094C
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
PM me with pictures and a part number please.

Verify it is a polished spinner and not chrome?

Thanks,
Dave

guzziguy

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pics Added.
Couldn't figure out how to attach them to the PM

djpfinancial

N8094C
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Did you happen to find a part number for the spinner, backing plate and filets?

Also, any dents or dings?

Dave

guzziguy

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you happen to find a part number for the spinner, backing plate and filets?

Also, any dents or dings?

Dave
I inspected the spinner, fillets and backing plate extensively the night I took the pictures.
The only stamps or numbers I found were likely the date of manufacture (Dec 10, 1990 or 1995, IIRC). The only other marks present that I found were on the backing plate which showed Top Dead Center and Blade One. No other markings were found.

There are no dents or dings at all and the parts are in great shape. I would have reused it myself if I had replaced the old hub/blades with a Macauley 3-blade; I prefer the polished alum to the white paint on the new spinner I got. But unfortunately, I just couldn't justify the expense.

djpfinancial

N8094C
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe in your prop logbook? There are a couple versions for an Arrow II, I just want to be sure it will work before I make you an offer.

I’d like to put it on my plane and not make it an expensive planter...LOL

Dave