• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Lycoming 0360-A3A Mystery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello Everyone-

I have an engine that is 300 hrs since overhaul and have begun to notice thick burned oil coming out of the spacer from the exhaust cylinder. I live in the Portland, OR area and every maintenance person I have shown it to up here (which is like four people at four major shops) are all perplexed since burned oil should not be coming out of the exhaust cylinder on the right side of the engine.

Obviously I am going to have to have it taken apart and inspected, but thought I might ask the community if anyone may have experienced this, and knew how serious (expensive) this is going to be. Its a Piper PA-28-180.

Thanks,

Pete

20180716_201747.jpeg
20180716_201735.jpeg

Latest posts

Back