• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Low Time 1978 Arrow III for Turbo Aztec E or F

ericbolt

Reaction score
So, at the beginning of the week I said I would never want a turbo aztec. After some debating with the fine folks on the piper forum, and doing alot of my own research. I think it's the twin I've been overlooking for so many years.

That being said, I have a 1978 Piper Arrow (Seen in my avatar) that I would like to straight trade, or trade plus cash, for a Turbo Aztec E or F model.

1978 Piper Arrow III
Always Hangerd, Meticulously Maintained, All ADs.
4500 TT
600SMOH
600SMOH Prop
Garmin 430
Garmin 396 w/ Satellite Radio & Weather
Century IIIB AutoPilot w/ STEC 60 PSS
JPI 701 Fuel Flow Monitor

Can get you more specs, pics and info upon request! Thanks all!

ranchorossa

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a '73 turbo E model with about 2350 TT and 390 SMOH on both engines. Would suggest new avionics and maybe new paint. New interior about 4 years ago. Not sure if I want to straight trade for an Arrow though.

ericbolt

Reaction score
I have a '73 turbo E model with about 2350 TT and 390 SMOH on both engines. Would suggest new avionics and maybe new paint. New interior about 4 years ago. Not sure if I want to straight trade for an Arrow though.
I needly fairly updated avionics. I can paint it though. What does it have avionics wise?

ranchorossa

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Off the top of my head, dual nav/coms, one is a Narco, one ILS receiver, DME, ADF(antanae removed), radar altimeter. All is probably 20 years old. Century III autopilot needs a new switch, otherwise it works well.