• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

LOP and cylinder care (YA LOP thread)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leigh

Reaction score
My hunch is that it's glazed cylinders. I've been told by a very experienced local engine builder that it's often one of the consequences of running LOP. Don't ask me why but I've heard others make the same claims. BTW, the only cylinders I've seen on Lycomings that have completely failed by losing their tops were Lycoming factory ones that were all second run ones. That's of course a very small sample size....

Latest posts

Back