• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Loose Vertical Stabilizer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

epopper

Reaction score
Getting Arrow back from annual tomorrow. One of the squawks found by the shop was that the vertical stabilizer was loose at the attach point. The bolts were slightly loose with a minor amount of fretting visible. They checked for cracks in all of the structure and replaced the attach bolts and properly torqued them.

I did notice recently while cleaning the aircraft that I thought the vertical stabilizer may be loose. There seemed to be the slightest amount of movement, almost like a creak when I applied pressure to the top while cleaning the leading edge. I couldn't get it to repeat and thought that maybe it was just pressure on the plastic fairing causing it to make some noise.

Has anyone else ever heard of this issue?

Eric

Latest posts

Back