• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Looking for Warrior Winterization Plate part # 35453-00

TheDeuce

Reaction score
Anyone have a plate (or a template) for a winterization plate for a Warrior. Listed as part # 35453-00.

Warriorgreg

Reaction score
I have one in my hangar. I can make a template if you need one. It's 80* and sunny here, so I dont see a need to install it anytime soon!
Greg

Unit74

Reaction score
Just make one I say. Its really not hard at all. Really.

Walboy

Reaction score
I have heard of people using cardboard and duct tape. :rolleyes:

Dennis

Supporting Member
Reaction score
........ as the -151 and -161 winterization plate has a "L" shape bend in it. It's a precision fit on my -161 and I would suspect a homemade attempt would be miserable to install, unless absolutely perfect. It is part number 12 in the image. There are two mounting screws on the "L" shape bend, in addition to the one shown on the right side of the image.

You may want to take SANJIV's offer, if it's OEM. Otherwise, I'd recommend a salvage piece.

VFRs,

Winterization Plate.jpg

TheDeuce

Reaction score
For the time being I tried some aluminum tape, which works fine but I only tried covering half the cooler and didn't see any increase in temps. I'll try covering fully, though I suspect I won't be able to fit it all the way in easily with the tight access in there.