• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Looking for Sympathy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ranchoa

Jeff
Reaction score
Well, the Archer is due for it’s annual inspection. I had planned on tires and possibly brake pads so those parts were ordered in anticipation. Then I figured I’d save my AI some grief so I removed the wheel pants and changed the oil. Next was a short Flight to warm it up for the compression test. That’s when my week started to go south. First, the JPI lit up red with X’s and error codes plus no MAP or Tach reading. I engage the autopilot to fool with the JPI and the plane banks hard right which is when I notice the Artificial Horizon is bobbing up down and sideways. Back to the hangar where today my guy starts the annual and tells me #1 cyl is 71/80 and #2 cyl is 51/80. The engine has 300 hours on new Lycoming cylinders. What will day two bring?

Latest posts

Back