• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Looking for PA28R landing gear parts

pcastine

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any suggestions on where to find landing gear parts for an Arrow?

Thanks,
Pete

pcastine

Supporting Member
Reaction score
BTW I did try Google group the part number, only found 2 very worn used examples.

EchoDelta

Reaction score
As far as I know, there are no PMA suppliers for the major 28R landing gear parts, meaning that if you want new ones (as opposed to salvage) you will have to get them, directly or indirectly, from Piper. Piper dealerships and service centers (which stock some parts) can be found here: http://www.piper.com/parts/.

Aviall is an authorized parts distributor for Piper, and you could try them, but I believe that they mainly deal with Piper "heavy iron." Here's a link:
https://www.aviall.com/

Preferred Airparts is often a good source of serviceable used parts, and I believe they also stock some new parts. They are certainly worth a try, and if you know the Piper part numbers they have an on-line inventory search tool. https://www.preferredairparts.com/piper

When our Arrow has needed landing gear parts (not frequently, fortunately) our shop has generally not had too much trouble getting them in short order. They are expensive, however. Good luck!

sierrakilo99

Reaction score
Just saw this old post, did you find what you were looking for?

Aviall does carry parts and I've been able to find whatever I needed (new) usually in stock, but as said, they can be expensive. Biggest drawback is that you have to have an account with them to even access their online catalog which is pretty clunky to work with.

A search of the forum should get you other avenues for used parts. In my local area (Central FL) JT Evans stocks yellow-tagged used parts that are usually stripped, blasted, cleaned up and look almost like new.

sk

pcastine

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did find the part, thank you to everybody for their advice. I ended up going with a new brace instead of a used one; it was available only through a Piper dealer. Although the cost was significantly more, ($1600 new vs. $760 used) I felt it wasn't worth the risk of the nose wheel folding up on me (I got lucky once - better not push my luck!)

The thing that made it difficult to find parts on line was that I didn't know that Piper had changed its part numbering system. In the 1971 Arrow parts manual, the part number I was looking for was 76426-03. But the new Piper part number is 76426-803. So a Google search of the old part number didn't turn up much. A call to a parts dealer, who gave me the correct number, and then a Google search turned up lots more options.

Thanks to everyone for their help. Now to get back to flying!
Pete

Latest posts