• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Looking for Fuel valve rebuild kit for 1967 PA-28/140.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Yesterday I stopped at the plane to scrap the snow off, and check the floor for water / ice... the cabin has a strong smell of 100LL... yes, wonderful Dinosaur Whisky. should not have that smell on the inside!. I last went flying on Friday the week before, filled up the tanks after and got ready for the coming snow. The fuel selector valve was left on the left tank, the one used to land , and it moves freely, the detents are well defined, and it works great with out the funky plastic cover. I did shut if off incase of a leak.... that is more than just a weep...

The Primer pump also is stiff, needs a little loving also.... I give it a squirt of LP-2 once in awhile but want to rebuild it...

So if it is going to be cold and snowing for a few weeks, and my A&P's hangar has space, seams like a good time to rebuild both. Now for the parts question. I have searched this site for info leading to what are the correct o-rings and related parts would be but have not found anything yet... Will go look in the parts manual also, but have found that asking here also is a great source of information!... so what needs to be added to the Aircraft Spruce order form to be ready to go??..

Latest posts

Back