• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Looking for CDI compatible with Garmin 400W

bgmac

Reaction score
Having my Garmin 400w installed. Any body have a compatible CDI? Apparently mine is not.

jpwamt

Reaction score
the garmin GI-106 or mid-continent MD200-306 are popular cdi, that have glideslope indication. but garmin's stuff is compatible with a lot of different cdi, have to look at the install manual to find what is compatible or not.

If you have an older one laying around, it most likely will interface with it, but if your buying a new cdi I would recommend the garmin or mid continent one.

ettsn

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mid-continent makes a lot of other companies CDI units. Also directly compatible are some of the STEC models, Collins Microline models and a few others use essentially the same guts. I also believe King models without internal converters like the 209A (the A is the important part) should work as well. The Garmin install manual has a long list of compatible CDI.

Latest posts