• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Looking for an Archer II

Ranchoa

Jeff
Reaction score
After trolling the various sites for months I thought maybe reaching out to you folks could help. I am looking for a '77> Archer II, preferably <5k TTAF, <1k SMOH. This century avionics, newer paint and interior would be nice, 2 axis AP even better. Must be a solid runner with no major damage history. Western half of U.S. (I'm on the left coast) Budget is $65k. Comments much appreciated, I have already learned much from you all and Piper Forum.

Last edited:

mdjezierski

Reaction score
Market is pretty high on Archers right now. Most of what's out there for less than 60k is KX170B and ADF equipped or near TBO or both. One just sold near here that was asking 58,500 with just two KX170's and a transponder. But it was less than 100 hours on factory reman Lycoming also.

Ranchoa

Jeff
Reaction score
I saw that however it's a bit to risky for me. Sight unseen on the other side of the country, not having flown for so long...Hopefully someone will get a good buy and cheap.

N677ap

Reaction score
I would sell you mine, but then I have to find the right Cherokee 6/300 that works for me.

mrettler

Reaction score
I may be interested in selling mine. I was hoping to finish my instrument first. I have a '79 Archer II with a new engine with about 130 hrs done at poplar grove, recent paint, leather interior, 2- kx155's, garmin 327 transponder, ADF, DME, newer JPI 830 complete engine monitor and 951 lb useful load.

My family has outgrown the archer and I need to upgrade to a Saratoga. ( with the wife and four daughters, someone is always staying at home).

If you are interested you can get ahold of me for more information at [email protected]

Asking $65,000