• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Looking for a low-cost 1964 pa28-235?

Azpilot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
When exposed hardware (throttle plunger, panel screws) is covered in rust, I very much doubt the “almost no corrosion” statement. That, and that tail section is....frosty.

Last edited:

kju1pitt

CFI ASEL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When exposed hardware (throttle plunger, panel screws) is covered in rust, I very much doubt the “almost no corrosion” statement. That, and that section is....frosty.
I think they probably meant to write "Very little not covered in corrosion" Clearly they accidentally omitted two words.

rwyerosk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
YIPE! So it is worth 65k after putting 80k +18 k to buy it?

There is no such thing as a cheap airplane!

ShakenNotStirred

Supporting Member
Reaction score
When buying an airplane I like to do a ton of research, my first step is to google “tail number NTSB” so them covering the tail number is suspect. Not to mention the photos.....

msires

N8825W
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Also don't discount the possibility it is a scam - there have been many cases of long term ramp queens advertised for sale by scammers. Low price + Craig List only + obscured N number make it very suspect to me.

skitheo

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Children of the owner selling it after (s)he passed away?
Curiously, the hours are very close to mine. The empennage definitely has more (corrosion?) spots on the inside of the skin. Mine spent time in KS, OK, AL, NE, during the '60-'80's. I'm glad Dad didn't let that happen to our plane, asking me to take over in 2008.
Mark certainly knows what it takes to get one of these into great condition!

Rick G

1977 Lance P32R-300
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"Engine has compression and turns over. A big project but worth it". Worth what?? An overhaul? Because if it sat for 9 years it's going to have cylinder problems once it starts running again. Probably needs a new crank and cams, too. "it turns over" means what? Crank it until it fires... on dry cylinders that haven't moved in 9 years! :eek:

However, my airplane literally doubled in value in the last 12 months. So, maybe a $2000 worth of salvage parts is now $18,000? That seems to be the logic these days.

Last edited:

Latest posts