• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Looking for a Left Wing for PA-28-140 Cherokee

mmiller

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have discovered SPAR corrosion on the left wing of my 1968 Piper PA-28-140. I am looking for a corrosion free Left Wing & matching Fuel tank with Piper Part number 66602-05. I am hoping to find one in Canada or the Northern States as I am located near Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. Thank you

N7655W

Reaction score
Only place I know is Sacramento California Kenny faeth it’s where one of mine was procured from in 2008

Leigh

Reaction score
You might want to check the COPA advertisers as they are mostly in Canada.

BTW, there are a few left wing nuts in this forum but I assume that's not quite what you have in mind.

Canuck

David Megginson (he/him)
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have discovered SPAR corrosion on the left wing of my 1968 Piper PA-28-140. I am looking for a corrosion free Left Wing & matching Fuel tank with Piper Part number 66602-05. I am hoping to find one in Canada or the Northern States as I am located near Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. Thank you
My sympathies -- I'm so sorry that happened.

Do the 140s and 180s have the same wing? That might help widen the search a bit.

datorres88

Daniel Torres
Reaction score
+1 to Airframe Components. They can actually rebuild your wing with a brand new spar.

mmiller

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for your input. I am quite sure that a 180 wing is compatible with a 140. I believe my AME mentioned that one could look for a 180 wing after 1972? Not 100% positive on this though. I have had a quote from Airframe Components, however, unfortunately, the rebuilding of the wing or purchasing a rebuilt wing would cost just about as much as a used 140. Especially with the US-CDN exchange right now. Thanks again everyone. Sure appreciate your time and valuable input.

JMCD

Reaction score
Another source would be Williams Inc. in north east Indiana. They had racks of wings and other parts when I was there.
www.airframecomponents.com

bryris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm curious to see pictures of your corrosion, if its not too difficult to post them up.

Canuck

David Megginson (he/him)
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for your input. I am quite sure that a 180 wing is compatible with a 140. I believe my AME mentioned that one could look for a 180 wing after 1972? Not 100% positive on this though. I have had a quote from Airframe Components, however, unfortunately, the rebuilding of the wing or purchasing a rebuilt wing would cost just about as much as a used 140. Especially with the US-CDN exchange right now. Thanks again everyone. Sure appreciate your time and valuable input.
I'm sorry to hear that. There must be a good number of old 140s and 180s being parted out in western Canada, where you could get a wing (after corrosion inspection) for a reasonable-ish cost. If not, then maybe your other, good wing will give someone else's PA-28 new life, like an organ donor.

Latest posts