• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Let's talk about the P-38 Lightning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rather than hijack the thread on the P-39 Airacobra, let's start a thread on the P-38 Lightning!

When I was a kid, my favorite airplane was the P-38. I had a metal model of it, and I loved it. Since then I've read just about every book of worth I've laid my hands on. I have training manuals and films I've retrieved from the National Archives. When Glacier Girl flew in formation with Porky II, I flew down to Kentucky to see it. I've been out to Chino to see the their Lightnings.

I know there are other fans of this great plane on this site. Let's skip the political talk and instead talk about Lightnings!

IMG_20191020_144928.jpg

Latest posts

Back