• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

LED Lighting advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cal368

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

First post from me here in sunny (wet, windy and cold) Scotland.

Myself and 3 others bought ourselves a 1978 PA-28R-201 Arrow III last year. Annual time is approaching so we intend to use the downtime to make some improvements. We are formulating a plan for an avionics upgrade but for the moment I am looking into improving the exterior lighting.

We are looking to purchase the Knots2u upswept wingtips and 2.6" tailcap and upgrade all the lighting to LED. Nose landing light is already LED. It seems that Whelen, AeroLED and Aveo are the 3 contenders.

If you have already been through this process which lights do you recommend for,

Wingtip Landing Lights (we want to have wigwag/pulse capability happy to consider built in or MaxPulse/Pulselite)
Wingtip Navigation/Strobe combo
Red tail beacon to replace coffee can light
White tail position light.

I was considering removing the tail position light and use a combo wingtip nav/strobe/position lights. But I think changing the rudder top cap for one with no light housing and removing the wiring would probably be a nightmare paperwork wise. Especially here in Europe under EASA.

All thoughts and ideas are welcome.

Paul.
IMG-20190928-WA0016.jpg

Latest posts

Back