• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Leaking front oil seal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k9medic

Reaction score
Noticed a little more oil dripping in the cowling today so I dove deeper into what might be causing it. Looks like some accumulation of oil from behind the prop being blown around the engine compartment. Nothing too crazy but enough to make me clean the whole dang thing.

Logbook shows chankshaft oil seal was changed 510 hours ago and a Hartzell prop/crank seal changed 172 hours ago. I think those are one and the same though.

How common is it to have to replace this seal?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back