• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Landing Height System is now FAA Certified for all Pipers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recently installed one in a P210. The customer really likes it. The install was simple. I routed the audio into a switched unused channel in the audio panel and installed a placard above the audio panel designating the function of the switch.

Flew my Warrior from KLOT to F45 (North Palm Beach Florida) with my instrument student pilot son last weekend. Had a stretch of about 1 1/2 hours in IMC at 6,000 feet with steady light rain. Had several LHS call outs (20 feet intermittently and sometimes down to 5 feet). Turned audio input off on system.

Return flight we were IMC at 8,000 feet for about 1 hour - clouds with no precipitation - audio input for LHS was on and no callouts occured.

Had my son fly simulated instrument approaches at all fuel stops. He said the callouts were beneficial and gave him good height situational awareness on short final at these unfamiliar airports.

Marty

Are you guys going to be offering SNF discounts?

Not SNF specifically. However, we do have an email blast that is organized by Piper Owner Society to their registered members. The eBlast is starting this coming Friday the 26th and valid through April 12th. We are happy to offer it also to viewers here or referred to by a viewer here as well, but considering the marketing guys wanting some statistics of that eBlast such as views, hits, visitors count and such, then sharing that code here will not provide the correct data regarding that specific and targeted campaign. Those who are interested to take advantage of the campaign and not part of the Piper Owner Society magazine, please email us during the period above, and they will get a matching code to use for their order.

Good news, we just got approval from the FAA to increase the 100’ model starting callout to 200’.

This is going to be just a firmware and audio file update which can be done using WiFi. This is only for the 100-B model (100’ model) and not the 70’ model. The 70’ laser element is physically restricted.

We expect to complete this and do our internal testing in June. We are looking for a handful of customers for initial roll-out before making it part of the standard firmware.

I know we will probably get many who want to get that feature early on, but we recommend those who use their airplane on a daily basis to wait until we have a chance to perform several in-field firmware update procedures and get any update procedure issues nailed down. Email us if you would like to try this, and we will just go through the list in order.

Thread is two years old. Any field reports from takers?

Latest posts

Back