• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Landing Gear Trunnion Part Numbers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kiwi Lance Pilot

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am looking for some advice regarding spare parts.

During our annual check we discovered that the RH main landing gear trunnion needs to be replaced in our ‘77 Lance (PA 32R -300). With the eye watering cost of a new part, we are looking around for a suitable used part. We have found a locally sourced trunnion from a Seneca (200 series). The Seneca parts catalogue shows this as part no. 67926-041. It has some casting numbers ( 12620-14 and 02599-2) which I think relate to an improved version of the trunnion. The main gear assembly figures in each parts catalogue suggest that the trunnions and general assembly are the same for both Lance and Seneca. From my internet research it seems there was an issue with cracking on the earlier version ?

The lance parts catalogue we are using isn’t the latest ( 1980 versus Pipers revision checklist stating 20 Feb 14).

My problem is that I can’t find a reference that shows the -41 part being acceptable as a substitute for the -05.

Does anyone have any ideas? If you have access to the latest Lance parts catalogue it would be great if we could find out if it shows any reference to 67926-041 for a RH Landing Gear Trunnion assembly

Thanks in advance for your time - sorry for the long winded post !

Andrew 5DE482C4-8192-48ED-BE3C-3BDE3FED709D.jpeg

Latest posts

Back