• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Laminar Flow Nose wheel fairing issue....Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've installed several Laminar flow products on my old bird and have a question about the Nose wheel fairing and tow bar attachment.
I don't see how it can work.I've cut a 3/4" hole around the attachment part for the towbar but that part seems to be to short for the tow bar to attach with the fairing on.
Do I need to fabricate a longer attachment part and modify my tow bar? Do I need to get a Bogart Tow Bar and enlarge the fairing hole to accommodate it?
Please give some advice as I'm dying to try all the things I've added but without being able to attach a tow bar I can't maneuver the dang thing back into the hanger.
Additions awaiting flight tests
1.Wing Root fairing
2.Flap to fuselage faring
3. Flap Hinge fairing
4.Aileron,Stabilator gap seals
5.Nose wheel fairing

Thanks all!!!

Latest posts

Back