• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Laminar Flow big Spring sale!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got a stock 1980 PA32-301 fixed gear. At 65% power I cruise at 145 knots. I've been looking a little at some of the possible mods. I love how my plane flies so honestly don't have to do anything... but have thought about the flap gap seals (while reading the glide ratio thread).

Wondering if the nose wheel fairing and flap gaps would be worth installing. Changing the wheel pants doesn't seem all that appealing to me. The OEM pants on the saratogas are pretty good as far as I can tell.

Gaining a few knots would be nice but I'm more interested in climb and low speed performance. I'm assuming flap gaps would really help climbing at higher altitudes when it can start to feel like a struggle. At gross going from 10k to 12k for example can take a while.

Hi Robin -

I am considering a full package for my 1967 PA28-180. I was wondering if you folks do installation work, and if so what kind of timeframe it would take to install the full kit (Of course, assuming that I flew down to you)?

Hi Robin -

I am considering a full package for my 1967 PA28-180. I was wondering if you folks do installation work, and if so what kind of timeframe it would take to install the full kit (Of course, assuming that I flew down to you)?

Hello

Thanks for your interest in a full Laminar Flow Systems installation on your Arrow 180.

Unfortunately, it's been a some time since we have been able to offer installations here. Our good friend Steve Zimmer used to do them for us but he has become so busy that he is no longer able to work them into his schedule.

However, we can offer to help you by phone. These days, with such great capabilities for cell phone and photo communication, I can personally make sure that all your questions are answered on the spot, and that the job comes out exactly to specs, without the need to travel here and leave your plane far from home!

I will be delighted to help your 180 about as fast as an Arrow.

Thanks again

Robin

Latest posts

Back