• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Laminar Flow big Spring sale!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robin

Reaction score
From the 19th March to the 15th April, Laminar Flow Systems is having a really big discount sale.

You can save up to $1000 if you buy SpeedPants and some other things. Fancy Pants and nose fairings are also on sale, as are flap and aileron gap seals.

These are absolutely the best products in their field... read why.

I believe that you will have to email me or call in order to make a purchase as our web store may not be able to process the low prices.

Call 386 451 1957 or email [email protected]

Thanks for looking, and enjoy the best at the best prices too!

Robin

Thanks Robin.... I'm changing the "Big Red Blob" on the top of the rudder that doesn't work as the first speed mod, with wanting to then do the nose wheel fairing, then on to gap seals... was going to wait for summer, but this is a good reason to not wait!....

I am delighted to help you get a great deal now.

You can get $100 off the gap seals and if you buy Fancy Pants you can get $150 off them and around $100 off the nose fairing.

There has never been a better time to buy from us... and as ever, your satisfaction is guaranteed.

Those numbers are approximate, but I will look them up and get back to you.

Robin

Robin I'm looking at mods to increase my climb rate and service ceiling in high density altitude. I already have Mattson's aileron gap seals. What effect does your flap gap seals have on climb and ceiling?

Hello Killrocks

Thanks for your question.

I do not have an accurate answer, because I have normally tested mods in groups...like for instance the whole kit.

However, just going from the numbers, I calculate that adding flap and aileron gap seals will add approximately 1200 feet to your service ceiling. I can't defend that exact number, but it's around there.

I do know that my own Cherokee 140, before I started to modify it, was totally pooped out at 12000 feet. It was bobbing up and down at 80 mph... no remaining climb.

After I finished installing all my LFS mods, plus an exhaust which was the predecessor of the Power Flow Systems one, I was able to cruise at 142 mph under the same conditions... obviously with plenty of climb still left in it.

So there are huge benefits to be gained. Just can't quantify them!

Robin

Robin

Just about to close on a 78 Turbo Lance. I know I'm late here, but what's avail for this plane? Doesn't have any speed mods at all.

Robin

Just about to close on a 78 Turbo Lance. I know I'm late here, but what's avail for this plane? Doesn't have any speed mods at all.

Hi

Yes you are a little late, but we'll extend the sale to you!

I wish you great luck with your new Lance... and look forward to helping you.

Robin

Hi

Yes you are a little late, but we'll extend the sale to you!

I wish you great luck with your new Lance... and look forward to helping you.

Robin

With everthing except for the wing smoothing kit, what kind of TAS increase should I expect to see?

With everthing except for the wing smoothing kit, what kind of TAS increase should I expect to see?

The flap and aileron gap seals, the flap hinge fairings and the wheel well fairings should give you about 8 knots.

The Fuel tank fairings on their own should be 7 knots.

Any smoothing you do would be additional.

All of these mods work differently at different weights and power settings. My experience has been that the lower power settings (or higher altitudes) work the best.

Many thanks for your interest.

Robin

your guys stuff looks great, I am just curious as to why you left out the comanches in your line of products? I really want to do some mods to my Comanche 260 like the gap seals and the fairings behind the wheels when they are retracted. is the market share just too small to offset the development costs?

Latest posts

Back