• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Lake Tahoe to Puerto Rico in a Commanche 400?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary235

Reaction score
I rented a place in Puerto Rico for the entire month of December. I am thinking it would be really cool to have my plane there so we can go island hopping, etc.

However I live in Lake Tahoe. 3000 NM away!

Am I nuts to be entertaining the idea of doing this flight twice in a month?

Or is this why I own such an awesome plane and I would be crazy to miss the opportunity to take such an awesome epic voyage?

What about flying across that much water? It's close to 1000 NM from the souther tip of Florida to Aguadilla PR. I can stop in Nassau on the way. Should I bring a raft? Are life jackets sufficient?

Thoughts??

Latest posts

Back