• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Knot2U HID Lighting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garnettsmith

Reaction score
For those interested, I just installed a 35W HID light in the cowling of my PA-28-180C during my last annual. This light, whose performance is comparable to LoPresti's Boom Beam, was purchased through Knots2U. However, the Knots2U light which cost $625 is about 40% cheaper than the Boom Beam.

It literally took my A&P about 2 hours to perform the install and aesthetically, you literally cannot tell the difference between the stock Piper cowling light and the new HID light....at least not until the HID light is turned on.

So far the performance has been great and it certainly fills a need given the anemic performance of my LoPresti lighted wingtips...but that's another story.

Garnett

Latest posts

Back