• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

King KT76A transponder or faceplate-Found one

imwithtuxedo

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Want to buy your old KT76A transponder or faceplate. Mine works fine but the faceplate is in really really bad shape. Let me know what you've got. Working or not.

kshaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a KT76C that was working when I replaced with a King KT74. The KT76C uses the same tray as the KT76A so it should be a slide-in replacement. It also has push buttons for the code and digital display. Also, you can easily replace the faceplate lens fairly reasonably. The lens are available on Ebay. The old ones can be pushed out from the front and the new one can be glued in. You will need your A&P to remove the transponder and signoff.

cappy48

Established Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have for sale.. working great when removed for upgrade, $Transponder.jpg 200 and I will ship... It's old... :)

Cap

enough

Reaction score
I have a KT76A with an older yellow tag and nice faceplate, never used, bought as a spare when I had one go out in a class B far from home.

vwefelix

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a KT76A that would be happy to sell also, $150 shipped to lower 48 states. I bought it as a replacement for our transponder, but found out ours is actually a KT76 so this one didn't plug right in and then ended up getting an ADS-B transponder. Let me know if anyone is interested in it. Comes with the tray also.
IMG_0985.jpg
IMG_0986.jpg
IMG_0987.jpg

gusve

Reaction score
If someone is interested I just replace my old KT76 transponder with a NGT-9000. It was working perfectly when it got removed and the tray is included. Make me an offer and I may ship for free.

Latest posts