• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

King KT155 display stuck in Dim mode

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have two KTX 155 in My Warrior with one driving the glideslope. I am having a problem with one that is stuck in the dim mode. I know they have a auto dim based on ambient light. The radio works well and the display is working fine except that its difficult to see on a bright day. I have replaced the front plastic screen and removed the display and cleaned the contacts which didn't change anything. I have tried to shine a flashlight into the light sensor with no effect. Can that sesnor be repaired replaced? Can it be bypassed and remain in bright mode?
I really dont want to replace this radio as they are great radios. Any advice or know of anyone who can repair this?

Mark Johnson
74 Warrior

Latest posts

Back