• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

KFC200 slaved to GNS430, Beginner's Query

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reimomo

Reaction score
Hi all

I've just started flying a PA32, equipped with a KFC200 and a GNS430.

I'm happy with the basic 'Heading' setting on autopilots, as I'm familiar with the Piper Autocontrol IIIb. The Alt hold and Nav setting for VOR intercepts are also pretty easy to grasp.

My question: I understand it's possible, from speaking with the aircraft vendor, to slave the KFC to the 430. He did it himself, from time to time, having the KFC fly a flightplan of waypoints, and whilst would more typically use the Heading bug, there were various useful occasions when having the KFC talk with the 430 were handy.

Is there a resource, preferably on-line, where I could get more information on this?

Latest posts

Back