• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Kelly Aerospace Starter

packerfan

Reaction score
I have a Kelly Aerospace starter (120 tooth, 12 volt) with new brushes and new bendix $150.00 plus shipping takes it.

Leigh

Reaction score
Is any of their stuff any good? Others might have heard otherwise but I've never heard any good stories associated with them.

jruhnke

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Is any of their stuff any good? Others might have heard otherwise but I've never heard any good stories associated with them.
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_iemwp-sEA[/ame]

djpfinancial

N8094C
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
If that video is in real time, the testers did not follow Sky-tech's procedure on waiting between starts allowing time for it to cool. Also noted that the Sky-tec seems to turn the engine over faster. Just my observations.

I have a Sky-Tec and have no complaints.

Dave

packerfan

Reaction score
I just bought the airplane and it had starting issues, I had the starter gone through locally replaced brushes and bendix...still having issues. Turns out I needed the 149 tooth starter, this one hasn't been used since being serviced. I have no idea about how good or bad they are, Kelly Aerospace was bought by Hartsell a while back.