• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Just starting my voyage...lots of questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imbatman58

Reaction score
So I've wanted to pursue my private cert (minimum, hopefully more) my whole life, and at 32 I'm finally in a place where I'm going to go for it.

Especially since I'm hoping to do this for a long time, I'm really thinking it's a better investment to buy a plane.

Obviously I'm going with a Cessna... ;)

I'm looking at older Pipers, to keep purchase price low and would love any insights any of you have into my journey as a whole or anything else.

I subscribed to this forum, because communities like this one have always really helped me in making major financial decisions. Info from Aficionados is more fun and flavorful than googling random stuff.

It seems the birds in my price range will be 60's Comanche or Cherokee, although I've stumbled on some purdy planes, in great shape...smaller but a better price.

I'd really love y'all weigh in on those two planes, as well as fixed gear vs retractable. I've read the basics, but I'd love the specific insight from piper people.

Also, I'm a central Pennsylvania boy, so if any of you have a plane that is anything close to this, I'd love to come see it and maybe go for a ride :grin:

Feel free to direct me to useful threads etc. :)

Latest posts

Back