• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Just How Fresh is That Annual ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

softground

Arrow Driver
Reaction score
I've always been one to avoid buzz speak. Unfortunately, I am not always successful and had to endure the mindless parroting of the latest power phrase. For a while, it seemed that many in the corporate world believed being pro-active conveyed some special meaning. This of course assumes that others are working diligently at being anti-active vs the average Joe who is merely active.
In aviation circles, I'm extraordinarily annoyed by the word fresh.... fresh paint, fresh oil change, fresh tires, and of course, fresh annual. What exactly does this "fresh annual" mean. Read through the classifieds in Trade-a-Plane.... It's everywhere. The word annual itself establishes an expiration date and the FAA explains that a plane with an unexpired annual is current. The FARs fail to define "fresh".
Last May I called the seller of a plane who described it as, among other things, possessing a fresh annual. In this case, fresh meant 8 months prior. I sure wouldn't down a glass of fresh 8 month old milk and I can't imagine that anything that was at one time fresh would still be fresh by the time a monthly periodical hit the stands... Now, while reading the ads, I avoid all that say fresh anything; it’s the only way I can avoid pulling into a used car lot and smashing every window of every barely running heap with a "fresh pine scented" air freshener hanging in the space clearly belonging to a set of pink fuzzy dice..........
So please, someone hand me a pill... and make it an unexpired one.

Latest posts

Back