• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Just for fun topic - Living at a residential airpark

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillB

Reaction score
Are there any members here that live at a residential private air strip? I went to a fly-in this past weekend at one of these strips and I absolutely loved it. What a community........ made of mostly pilots!! Heaven! I just love the concept of "hey, I'm going to go fly today so I'll exit my house into my hangar/garage and I'm at the airport without stepping foot in a car." I was shocked at how reasonable the monthly assessments were - $80/month if you own a plane. I pay that now and all I get is an outdoor, uncovered, tie-down. FYI, the park I visited was Brookeridge (LL22) under Chicago class B.

They have a house for sale that looked beautiful........ but the $900K sticker was a bit high despite you owning the hangar on your land. The house was to big too (6,000 square feet). But to dream................. :lol:

I can only think of one drawback, with today's fuel prices I'd be out flying a lot more! Someday.............

Latest posts

Back