• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Just Failed my eddie current test

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just an FYI, my right wing has failed the Eddie current test. And I am so thankful we finally did the test....I wanted to do it last summer but decided to wait for the official AD to come out, I am now regretting that decision. When I think of all the times I had my kids up with me this summer...ugh.

As for your questions...

PA 28-151...1975..
TT 6700.
Unlike most failures, mine has been in MI its entire life, not exposed to sea air.

Spent most of its life as a trainer...has been spoiled rotten for the last 10 years however so I would suspect that crack has been there awhile.

Interesting notes. The tester told me has done about 100 tests...4 failures...all the right wing....4 percent...ouch thats a lot of airplanes!

Also flight time doesnt seem to matter much, he just did a 21000 airplane and a 16000 hr airplane that both passed, so I would suspect the AD will soon change to go by aircraft age and not flight time, but thats just my opinion.

Anyone not wanting to get the test.....change your mind!!!

Next questions...

Looks like to remove and re install wing about 2k.

Replace wing Spar and to redo where we all walk (might as well while we are at it) $12,690.

Any other questions feel free to ask.

Latest posts

Back