• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Just bought a PA28R-200 tonight - 9 years in the Hangar (Hangar Find)!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just bought a 1974 Piper Cherokee Arrow II. The Owner died 9 years ago and it has been hangared ever since. I am going to be going through it and getting it ready to Fly. I am a first time plane buyer. I think that I got a smoking deal on it at $10,000 as I found the receipt for the Garmin 430W that was installed for $12,500 just before the owner passed away. I had an Aircraft mechanic go through it for about 5 hours and he said that it was in great condition. We even jacked it up and cycled the Landing Gear 6 times and all was well. He said most of what I need to Repair/Replace is due to the 9 year Nap that it took. We made a List and I am getting started on it. I just know that I will need help from the Piper Community, so Thank You in Advance! Here are the details:

N41704
Serial Number: 28R-7435210
TT = 4757
SMOH = 970
Prop = Hartzell, 0 SMOH, Brand New
Air Conditioning
Paint = 8/10
Interior = 6.5/10

Suggestions & Findings of Mechanic
Has Chrome Jugs
Auto Pilot Working
All Logs Books, Including Pilots Log Book
Garmin 430W with Auto Pilot
Tires and many Hoses need to be Replaced due to Time
Mags Need to be Rebuilt due to Time
Spark Plugs/Fluid Change/Filters Changed
Rear Muffler Needs Replaced
HVAC Drier/Receiver Missing
ELT Missing
Alt Air Cable froze
Co-Pilot Left Master Cylinder Leaking
Brake Hoses Old
One Lower Spar Cap Cover Missing
Door Hinges need replacing
Bottom Beakon Inop
Pitch/Trim Clutch worn out
Dome Overhead Lights Inop
Replace old Rapco Vacuum Pump
Fresh Annual

I would like to know the Paint Codes/Name. It is a real Pale Blue with Light Blue and Maroon Accents/Trim (Very 1970's LOL) and a Light Blue Interior. I also applied for a change for the N Number - New Number will be N323BG. I look forward to the project, the enjoyment of Piper Ownership and Flying and the Camaraderie.

Thanks,

Brad Goodbread

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back