• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Just a great day flying

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So last Friday, Feb 17th, I had the morning to go flying... no where in mind, but a perfect day to be in the air and just enjoy being above ground. Being in Utah, the weather had not been great but that day it was... cool, clear, no wind, and KDTA has fuel for over a dollar lower than my home airport..

So off to Delta, fill up and then where?? Well, headed south to fly over my kids homes close to St George... and back to Delta to again fill up and go home... a perfect morning in the air Air....

The plane ran perfectly.... 3 1/2 hrs humming along at full throttle and sipping fuel at 9.5 GPH average... and seeing 150 to 155 mph true... love cruising in the yellow arc!!! This is a great VFR plane that is also rather fast for a 140 / 180....

I enjoyed it greatly.... and look forward to the next time in a few weeks as weather is again closing in....
20230217_102622.jpg20230217_092024.jpg
20230217_085020.jpg20230217_104106.jpg20230217_122114.jpg

Latest posts

Back