• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Issues Solved GI 275 Horizon Line Adjustment and AP Roll Control

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Got my plane back with the GTN 650xi and three GI 275s and working the learning curve. Two issues to work through, if I can, before I can get to the avionics shop Monday. If anyone has input on these issues please respond.

1. The ADI (Attitude Indicator) shows 5 degrees up at rest. I thought it was because a Cherokee tends to sit a bit nose high. However, in flight observation shows this to be consistent. Aligning with the horizon line causes a descent. Conventional Attitude Indicators always have a horizon line adjuster to compensate for different height pilots. It’s always something we reach for in setting up the panel. So I just can’t conceive that the horizon line is not adjustable in the GI 275 and there must be a way. However I can’t figure it out. Anyone have info on this?

2. I can’t figure out how to engage roll steering in an approach. Heading indicator works ok with the AP but does not relinquish control if left on when the approach starts and I am told that roll steering requires use of the heading mode. Engaging high gain track in the GPS approach the AP works ok but doesn’t make the 90 degree turns. I have a possible solution from studying the GTN 650xi Pilots Guide. Outputs for King KAP 10/KFC 225 require manual activation. This requires responding to a message with a button “Enable APR Output”. I think I recall my Avionics shop having to reconfigure my STec 20 to emulate a King autopilot so maybe this idea is the key. Anyone have info on this point?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back