• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

ISO Wheel Fairing Supports for Main Gear PA28

Jed279

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased a 1974 PA28-151 and with it, a mismatched set of wheel fairings. With a little sweat equity, I have been able to restore them to match my plane. According to a parts schematic, most of the mounting hardware is simply bolts and washers. I am having difficulty finding the support assembly that connects the main fairings to the axle (#6 FIGURE 29). Original part no 66821-04. Does anyone have a pair for sale? Thanks!
Main Fairing PA28-151.jpg
Fairing Part List PA28-151.jpg
IMG_3580.JPG
IMG_3613.JPG
IMG_3634.JPG

Attachments

imwithtuxedo

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I saw some on ebay a while back. My try calling the folds at texasairsalvage.com

astral

Comanche Driver
Reaction score
When I had my cherokee I took my wheel fairings off for a year and forgot to take those support things off. Well one of them fell off in the air at some point (or so I'm guessing) so I had to find a replacement. I paid $95 from Texas Air Salvage. I did a quick search and it looks like they only have the 3.5" ones at the moment, and I think you need a 1.5.

A quick google search results in this part, although it's 3x the price I'd expect and it's listed as a PS32 part https://www.airpartswest.com/66821_04_support_wheel_fairing_Piper_Aircraft_NEW_p/66821-04.htm

Worst case you could probably get a machine shop to duplicate the one you have.

Jed279

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks to both of the above for the suggestions! Unfortunately neither sources currently had the part. I am still looking if anyone else has a lead.