• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Is there a winterization plate for Dakota? If so, where to get one?

N677ap

Reaction score
I just bought a 1980 Piper Dakota. Does it use a winterization plate over the oil cooler? If so, what is the part number and where can I get one?

Thanks!

Orest @ CYFD

Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, there is no winterization plate.

And engine runs hot, low oil temp is never an issue.

And congrats! Post some pics.

* Orest

N677ap

Reaction score
So, no need to do anything, anywhere on the engine? Awesome!
Thanks.

datamed1

Reaction score
No, there is no winterization plate.

And engine runs hot, low oil temp is never an issue.

And congrats! Post some pics.

* Orest
Do I know well: the Pa-28-140 (O-320-E3D) requires the winterization plate under 50 F°?

Orest @ CYFD

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very comfy looking. And nice that the interior has been upgraded to leather.

My Dakota had the factory orangy-red 1970's velour interior, that had to go!

* Orest

N677ap

Reaction score
Yes, it's extremely comfortable. I have back problems and the 3 hour flight from Ohio to New York was pain free. I felt really good flying it. My Archer had the red coffin velour interior. Hated it.

Latest posts