• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Is it typical...?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The thread on the fresh OH engine for sale in the Classifieds section has me scratching my head. General questions for anyone knowledgeable:
  • Is it common for aircraft engine shops to do overhauls/rebuilds on spec? (Maybe the answer here is "yes" for large shops, to have engines on-the-shelf ready to ship out in exchange for a run-out core? What about small shops / individual builders?)
  • Is it typical for an engine shop to not run an engine "immediately" after the rebuild/overhaul is complete, but rather let it sit assembled/unrun until payment is received? (I would think some test run time would be required to confirm the rebuild/OH was "good" and the job was truly complete, but maybe not?)

Latest posts

Back