• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Ipad mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I spent 30 minutes in my cockpit yesterday evening experimenting with methods to mount my new ipad mini. Strangely, nothing was perfect. Every option contains a compromise. I boiled it down to two "best" options.

The first is mounted to the wind screen with a suction up, left side right up against the panel brow and hanging down. The problem here is that it covers up my stall light and my clock and it makes using the device more challenging as I usually fly with my left hand and would require my left hand to operate the ipad.

The other is to mount to the yoke. This honestly seems the best. But, to get the device exactly where I want it, I either have to mount it upside down, which makes me think that might compromise GPS signal reception or add to the mount to gain some articulation. So, I bought a two ball extender on Amazon, which will allow me to articulate a bit better to get it exactly there I want it.

I've flown with Foreflight some in the past, but am really just now getting into it in earnest, especially with my upcoming Stratus installation.

Just amazing how far cockpit tech and information management has come.

Latest posts

Back